Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oracle RAC 11gR2: root.sh fails

Problem:
root.sh fails with the following error:
CRS-4124: Oracle High Availability Services startup failed.
CRS-4000: Command Start failed, or completed with errors.
ohasd failed to start: A specified file does not support the ioctl system call.
ohasd failed to start at /oracle/product/11.2.0/gridhome/crs/install/rootcrs.pl line 451.


Solution:
  • Clean the following directories:
/etc/oracle,
/var/tmp/.oracle
/tmp/.oracle
  • Rerun root.sh

3 comments:

  1. I deleted all the folders

    /etc/oracle,
    /var/tmp/.oracle
    /tmp/.oracle

    and rerun

    root.sh

    but without success. please specify more steps to fix this is not.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I install Oracle Cluster on AIX and having error

    I fixed it. But this error is not from oracle. you can check service on AIX.

    I install AIX, but some services not start when reboot system or started but killed.

    I think install Oracle Cluster need some service form AIX started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to delete files from /etc/oracle etc,but still i am getting an error of ohasd failed to start at /u01..
    I also insert code in s_crs.._lib.pl file but no luck.

    ReplyDelete